There are a number of ways to celebrate the Fourth of July in 2013. Even though the City of Mill Creek doesn’t have a celebration planned, other local Puget Sound cities do.
Bothell – Bothell holds an annual Freedom Festival to celebrate the Fourth.
- Pancake Breakfast - 8:30 to 10:30 AM. Downtown Fire Station, 10726 Beardslee Blvd. FREE!
- Children’s Parade - 11:15 AM. Line up on Main Street at 103rd. For children up to 12 years. No motorized vehicles permitted.
- Grand Parade - 12 noon. Main Street and Bothell Way (SR 527).
Edmonds – Edmonds has events planned for the day and evening, capped with fireworks.
- 5K Fun Run/Walk - 10:00 AM
- Children’s Parade - 11:30 AM
- Main Parade - 12:00 PM
- Edmonds Firefighters Waterball Competition - 2:30 PM (City Park, 3rd Ave. S & Pine)
- SeaWolves Soccer – Edmonds-Woodway Stadium - 4:00 PM (Edmonds-Woodway High School, 7600 212th St SW)
- Food Vendors & Evening Entertainment - 7:30 PM (Civic Stadium, 6th & Bell)
- Fireworks - 10:00 PM (Civic Stadium, 6th & Bell)
Everett – Lots of family events planned from early morning to the fireworks finale.
- Colors of Freedom Parade - 11 AM. Colby and Wetmore avenues between Wall and 26th streets. Bring a chair and grab a front row seat for the best show in town. Enjoy marching bands, dance and drill teams, giant puppets, stilt walkers, clowns and more.
- Colors of Freedom Festival – 1:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Legion Memorial Park, 145 Alverson. Enjoy a family picnic on the grassy bluff overlooking Port Gardner Bay. Free kids’ activities, a food fair, live music. Catch the free Everett Transit shuttle at the Everett Community College Broadway lot of at Everett Station.
- "Thunder on the Bay" Fireworks Extravaganza - 10:20 PM, with viewing at Legion Memorial Park, 145 Alverson Blvd; or Grand Avenue Park, 1800 Grand Avenue. There is no parking available at Legion Memorial Park on July 4th so please take Everett Transit.
- Children’s Decorating Event – 10:00 AM. Marina Park Pavilion. Tattoos, flags, and tons of fun for the family.
- Children’s walking parade – 11:30 AM. Starts at Market and Central.
- Old fashioned downtown parade – 12:00 PM. Starts at Market and Central.
- Marina Park picnic – 1:00 PM to 10:30 PM. Join all your friends and neighbors at Marina Park! Food and sponsor vendors in the park or bring your own picnic basket.
- Fireworks – 10:15 PM. Fantastic Fireworks Display off of Marina Park with viewing from most downtown waterfront parks.
Seattle – Head to Gas Works Park to hang out until the fireworks.
- Family Fourth at Lake Union - Noon to 11 PM. Gates open, food vendors, exhibits, inflatables for kids, noon; entertainment, 2-7 p.m.; games and contests, 3, 5 and 7 p.m.; fireworks show, 10:15 p.m.; Gas Works Park, 2101 N. Northlake Way, Seattle; parking limited, food and coolers permitted subject to search, no outside alcohol, no pets, no glass bottles (www.seafair.com)
- Lake Union Fireworks – 10:15 PM. Gas Works Park, 2101 N Northlake Way.