National Night Out is designed to:
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships;
- Send a message to criminals that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back;
- Increase community awareness to prevent crime and drug abuse; and
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs.
There will be free food including hot dogs, sno-cones and corn-on-the-cob.
Sponsored by the Snohomish County Executive Office in partnership with the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office, local police departments and area nonprofits, the annual event will feature free food, face painting, games and more, including live music by Jette and the Resonators.
Here is a list of participants:
- Community Transit
- Fire Districts 1 and 7
- Dept. of Emergency Mgmt.
- Mill Creek Lions
- Mill Creek Police Dept.
- Mill Creek Senior Center
- SnoCope Credit Union
- Providence Medical Center
- Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
- Sno-Isle Libraries
- United Way of Snohomish County
- Snoh. County Sheriff’s Office
- WSU Extension/4-H
- Victim Support Services
- R & R Star Towing and crashed vehicle display
- Camp Fire Girls
- Snohomish County Parks & Recreation Department
National Night Out is an annual national event that is sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch as a way to promote citizen involvement in crime and drug prevention activities, strengthen police-community relations and encourage neighborhood camaraderie as part of keeping the community safe.
National Night Out presents a wonderful opportunity for you to gather with your neighbors, get better acquainted, and talk about issues of common concern.
National Night Out visitors will have the opportunity to learn how local law enforcement is working to reduce crime and protect families as well as learn steps they can take to increase public safety.
The event will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. at Willis Tucker Park, 6705 Puget Park Drive in Snohomish.
Since parking is limited please consider carpooling, walking, or taking Community Transit.