By Richard Van Winkle, News of Mill Creek.
This year’s candidates have tossed their hats into the ring and are getting ready to campaign for the 2019 General Election.
The 2019 candidate-filing week closed at 4:00 pm on Friday, May 17, 2019. Some Mill Creek City Council positions only attracted single candidates, who can now breathe sighs of relief since they won’t have to campaign.
Since nonpartisan races with two or fewer contestants won't appear on the Primary Election ballot, none of the Mill Creek City Council candidates will take part in the Primary Election.
Here the Mill Creek City Council candidates in order of filing date and time for each position:
Council Position 1 (Two-year unexpired term)
- John Steckler (Incumbent appointed by city council in 2018)
- Adam Morgan
Council Position 2 (Two-year unexpired term)
- Stephanie Vignal (Incumbent appointed by city council in 2019)
Council Position 5 (Four-year full term)
- Carmen Fisher
- Vincent J. Cavaleri (Incumbent elected in 2015)
Council Position 6 (Four-year full term)
- Mike Todd (Incumbent first elected in 2008)
Council Position 7 (Four-year full term)
- Mark Bond (Incumbent first elected in 2004)
Click on this link if you would like to register to vote or to check your regisration.