By Mary Waggoner, Everett Public Schools Director of Communications.
After nine straight years of going to state, Cascade’s first place win takes them to the international competition in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Chapter Awards team of Emily Irwin, Nick Janner, and Brittany Burrus took first place. That top state honor earned them a trip to Atlanta, Georgia to attend the International Career Development Conference May 2nd through 4th.
The award-wining Chapter Awards Project had five goals:
- To encourage chapters to conduct activities and projects.
- To build member involvement.
- To encourage membership in local, state and DECA, Inc.
- To build school and community recognition for the marketing education program and DECA
- To hold activities that will strengthen the local chapter.
Advisor Jodi Galli notes, “This is the first ever first place win for Cascade, but I have taken a team to state every year in the nine years I have been an advisor. This team along with the team of Hien Nguyen, Carmela Vinoya and Michael Rinner make this the largest National team in my time here at Cascade. All of these students deserve a huge round of congratulation for their hard work and dedication to Cascade DECA.”
Our featured sponsor