From a September 12, 2019, City of Mill Creek news release.
The City of Mill Creek is seeking volunteers to fill two vacancies on the Art & Beautification Board with terms that will expire on October 31, 2022.
Art & Beautification Board meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 4:00 pm.
The Art and Beautification Board serves as an advisory board to the city council on matters regarding:
- Design of landscaping for city rights of way, medians, entrances, and other public facilities and city-owned properties.
- Special events and projects to enhance the aesthetics and beauty within and business areas of the city.
- Utilization of the Municipal Art Fund.
- Selection and acquisition of artwork obtained for the city and for all municipal buildings.
- Construction projects; To the extent feasible, the board should be active during preliminary design or construction phases of municipal project to assure orderly integration of artwork into the city.
If you are interested in volunteering, please request an application by calling Meredith at 425-921-5737 or contacting her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please fill out the application and submit it to:
City of Mill Creek
Communications & Recreation, City Hall North
15728 Main Street
Mill Creek, Washington 98012
Please deliver to City Hall North or email Meredith no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, October 1, 2019.