From a September 9, 2021, Edmonds College press release.
As of Tuesday, September 7th, the campus has reopened for service to students. Most offices will continue to have some virtual hours as well as in-person hours. Classes (online, hybrid, and face-to-face) begin on September 20th.
Based on Washington State guidelines and proclamations issued by Governor Inslee, requirements for returning to campus are:
Students are required to be fully vaccinated or claim a medical or religious exemption by September 20th or their first visit to campus, whichever is sooner. Further details can be found here.
In accordance with Governor Inslee’s emergency proclamation issued on August 9th for state employees and August 27th for higher education, all faculty and staff are to show proof of full vaccination or claim a medical or religious exemption by October 18th.
Masks are required in indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status. This includes classrooms, study rooms, bathrooms, and other shared spaces. Masks are required in outdoor spaces where large crowds might gather.
COVID-19 Exposure Reporting
Students, faculty or staff who have one of the following:
- Received a positive COVID-19 test result, OR
- Been in close contact with someone who tested positive, OR
- Been experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
must file a Covid Health and Illness Report as soon as they are aware of any possible exposure.
Our Custodial Services is exceeding the CDC guidelines by:
- Disinfecting all high-touch surfaces in common areas and restrooms twice a day throughout campus utilizing a hospital grade disinfectant (CDC recommends once per day with soap and water).
- Ensuring sanitizing wipes are present in all classrooms.
- Evening custodial staff are completing a third disinfection as part of their nightly cleaning routine that includes classrooms, common areas and restrooms.
- Airflow in all buildings meets or exceeds CDC standards. The complete air volume in any occupied space is exchanged at least four times per hour, and monitored remotely to ensure all air handling systems are functioning properly and spaces are properly ventilated.
Edmonds College continues to monitor state guidelines and updates plans accordingly to insure the health and safety of students, faculty, and staff.