The Edmonds Driftwood Players, a nonprofit community theater, will award scholarships of $500-$1,000 each to deserving students for Fall 2014. Scholarships can be used toward tuition at any college in the United States.
Student eligibility rules:
- Be graduating high school seniors or currently attending college.
- Have a permanent residence (usually where their parents live) in South Snohomish or King Counties.
- Have demonstrated talent in the theater arts (performing or technical areas) and intend to study theater arts in college.
Deadline for Application is May 1, 2014 (applications must be postmarked May 1, 2014).
Applicants are required to submit the following documentation to be considered for a scholarship award:
- Applicant name, current address, phone number, and e-mail address. If a minor-parent/guardian name(s) and address(es) are also required.
- Name of your current school and counselor or advisor.
- A list of high school or college extracurricular activities, and any awards or honors received.
- Intended college for fall 2014.
- A letter of recommendation from your school’s drama teacher or other theater mentor.
- An essay of 300-500 words about your interest in theater arts and what you plan to study in college.
- Transcripts of grades, including the 1st semester of senior year or latest quarter/semester of college.
- Date of awards ceremonies at your high school (if applicable).
Recipients will be selected by an evaluation of the above information. All of the above information is required. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for scholarships.
Please send all Application Documents postmarked by May 1, 2014, to:
The Edmonds Driftwood Players
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 385
Edmonds, WA 98020
If you have any questions please contact The Edmonds Driftwood Players at 425-774-9600.