There are a number of ways to celebrate the Fourth of July this year. Even though the City of Mill Creek doesn’t have a celebration planned, other local cities do.
Bothell – Bothell holds an annual Freedom Festival to celebrate the Fourth.
- Pancake Breakfast - 8:30 to 10:30 AM. Downtown Fire Station, 10726 Beardslee Blvd. FREE!
- Children’s Parade - 11:15 AM. Line up on Main Street at 103rd. For children up to 12 years. No motorized vehicles permitted.
- Grand Parade - 12 noon. Main Street and Bothell Way (SR 527).
Edmonds – Edmonds has events planned for the day and evening, capped with fireworks.
- Fun-Run - 10:00 AM
- Children’s Parade - 11:30 AM
- Main Parade - 12:00 PM
- Edmonds Firefighters Waterball Competition - 2:30 PM. City Park 3rd Ave. S & Pine.
- Food Vendors & Evening Entertainment, the Side Project - 7:30 PM. Civic Stadium at 6th & Bell.
- Fireworks - 10:00 PM. Civic Stadium 6th & Bell.
Everett – Lots of family events planned from early morning to the fireworks finale.
- Yankee Doodle Dash – 8:30 AM. Everett Family YMCA, 2720 Rockefeller Avenue. For more information contact the YMCA at 425-258-9211 or visit the YMCA website.
- July 4th Parade - 11 AM. Colby and Wetmore avenues between Wall and 26th streets. Bring a chair and grab a front row seat for the best show in town. Enjoy marching bands, dance and drill teams, giant puppets, stilt walkers, clowns and more.
- Fire on Ice - 10 AM to 7:30 PM. Comcast Community Ice Rink, 2000 Hewitt Ave. Ice skating for the entire family. $4 open skate (includes skate rental).
- Fun in the Sun Street Fair – 1:00 to 3:00 PM. First Baptist Church of Everett parking lots, Wetmore between Pacific and 32nd. Free entertainment featuring inflatable play structures, pony rides, live music and antique car show.
- Colors of Freedom Festival – 1:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Legion Memorial Park, 145 Alverson. Enjoy a family picnic on the grassy bluff overlooking Port Gardner Bay. Free kids’ activities, a food fair, live music. Catch the free Everett Transit shuttle at the Everett Community College Broadway lot of at Everett Station.
- "Thunder on the Bay" Fireworks Extravaganza - 10:20 PM, with viewing at Legion Memorial Park, 145 Alverson Blvd, or Grand Avenue Park, 1800 Grand Aveenue. Tune to Classic Country 1520 AM for a radio simulcast of music to the fireworks. There is no parking available at Legion Memorial Park on July 4th so please take Everett Transit.
Seattle – Head to Gas Works Park to hang out until the fireworks.
- Family Fourth at Lake Union - Noon to 11 PM. Gas Works Park, 2101 N Northlake Way. Children's playfield activities, live entertainment, beer garden.
- Lake Union Fireworks - 10 PM. Gas Works Park, 2101 N Northlake Way.