By Meredith Cook, City of Mill Creek Communications and Marketing Coordinator.
Councilmember John Steckler and the city’s Art & Beautification Board recognized 12 Great Garden Award recipients at the Tuesday, September 24, 2019, city council meeting.
Every year, members of the city’s Art and Beautification Board tour Mill Creek and nominate residents who have put exceptional time and effort into the beautification of their property.
The board then meets to review all nominees and selects 12 (one in each predetermined zone and then an additional four “at large” winners) to receive Great Garden Awards.
The Art and Beautification Board met on July 10th to select this year’s award winners and delivered award notifications and temporary yard signs to the 12 winners on August 6th.
The temporary yard signs were replaced by smaller, permanent keepsakes; which were presented to award recipients in attendance at the September 24th Mill Creek City Council meeting.
The following is a list of this year’s winners as determined by the City’s Art & Beautification Board:
- Vine Maple: 14104 24th Dr. SE.
- Fairway: 14809 26th Ave SE.
- Parkside: 15301 29th Dr. SE.
- Cyprus: 15229 12th Dr. SE.
- Holly: 1428 144th Pl. SE.
- Holly: 1607 145th Pl. SE.
- Winslow: 1815 164th St. SE.
- Heatherwood: 2310 139th St. SE.
- Brighton: 3003 146th Pl. SE.
- Sunrise: 3332 150th Pl. SE.
- Bluegrass Meadows: 4127 135th St. SE.
- Heatherwood Apartments: 13510 N Creek Dr. Apt A-306.
Editor's note: The Great Garden Award winners' names were excluded from the list because the City of Mill Creek had privacy concerns about publishing them.
Holly gardener Lynn Menzies and her award winning garden. Photo courtesy of City of Mill Creek.