From an Everett Public Schools news release.
Registration deadline extended to Friday, June 15
Are you a parent of a student who will be enrolled in one of Everett Public Schools 17 elementary schools in 2012-13?
If so, please consider applying to be among the parents selected to serve on the Grades K-5 Math Adoption Team. The team’s collective responsibility is to evaluate math textbooks and materials and to make a recommendation for the school board to consider approving. Textbooks the school board approves will be used by students in grades K-5 mathematics classrooms starting in September 2014.
All Grades K-5 Math Adoption Team members will be responsible for attending and participating in all of the team meetings. There will be approximately six, full-day meetings scheduled from September 2012 through March 2013.
How other parents and community will be involved
All district parents and the community will have an opportunity to learn about and comment upon potential textbook and classroom materials at open houses scheduled in the fall 2012.
How to apply to be a Grade K-5 Math Adoption Team member
If you are interested in being considered as a member of the team, please respond by email to Dr. Catherine Matthews, Director of District Improvement and On Time Graduation (email@example.com) by 4 p.m. on Friday, June 15, 2012. Include the following information in your email response:
- Your name, address, preferred email address and phone number
- Names of elementary school(s) a child or children in your family will attend in the 2012-13 school year
- The grades your child or children will attend at those schools in the 2012-13 school year
- A statement of your availability to attend the meetings indicated above and others which may be scheduled later in the process.
- A statement in response to the question, “What motivates you to give your time and talents to help the school board make a decision about classroom math textbooks and materials for next year’s advanced math students?”
- A statement in response to the question, “What is your experience with math and/or math education?”
Thank you for giving careful consideration to working with this team and providing the board with important information it will use to make a final decision for students in high school advanced math courses.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Dr. Matthews at 425‑385‑4078 or firstname.lastname@example.org.