By Lesley Van Winkle, News of Mill Creek.
Many of us associate the summer months with visits to a local farmers market.
It’s a great way to meet and support local farmers and stock up on fresh, locally grown produce as well as many other items.
It can also be a fun, community event for the whole family to enjoy.
Here are seven local farmers markets to visit in 2019:
- Located in Downtown Edmonds on 5th Street from Main at the fountain to Bell and east up Bell Street around Centennial Plaza.
- Saturdays, June 15 through October 5 (no market August 10th).
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Fresh produce, flowers, plants, processed foods, personally created crafts and original art.
- Located at the Port of Everett waterfront, the Everett Farmers Market is located at Boxcar Park, 615 13th St, Everett.
- Sundays, rain or shine, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm - May 12th until October 6th.
- Everett Farmers Market offers locally grown food from Everett and surrounding communities throughout Washington.
- Foodies and art lovers will enjoy delectable baked goods, freshly prepared menus and not to be missed, Artist’s Row with local entrepreneurs displaying their creative flair.
- Located in front of the Professional Building at the intersection of Bothell Way and Ballinger Way in Lake Forest Park.
- There is plenty of free parking.
- Sundays, May 12 through October 20, 2019, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- This is a fresh market with locally grown food, flowers, and plants. There is one Crafts Market each summer.
- Located at Mill Creek City Hall North parking lot at 15720 Main Street.
- Tuesdays, June 18 to August 20.
- 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Fresh produce and artisan products from local farms and entrepreneurs. Live music from local artists.
- Located in the parking lot in front of Park Ridge Community Church, 3805 Maltby Rd, Bothell, WA 98012.
- Wednesdays 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm - June to September.
- South County Community Farmers Market offers local produce and crafts from over 55 vendors.
- Located at Pearl Street and Cedar Avenue in Historic Downtown Snohomish.
- Thursdays from May to September, opening from 3:00 pm until 7:00 pm.
- Snohomish Farmers Market offers a variety of locally grown produce, packaged foods, coffee, crafts, art and more.
- Located in DeYoung Park, in Downtown Woodinville, across from Molbak’s, next to Big Fish Grill.
- Saturdays, May to September.
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Fruit, vegetables, flowers, honey, baked goods, soap, hand-made arts and crafts.