From an Everett Public Schools News Release.
Four graduating seniors recognized at annual event.
Since 1987, Everett Public Schools Foundation has presented the Superintendent's Scholar Awards in recognition of outstanding scholarship and inspirational teaching.
Four graduating seniors from Everett Public Schools were named finalists at the 34th Annual Superintendent's Scholar Award function held May 25th at the Everett Golf and Country Club.
To be considered for the award, nominees must be in the top five percent of their graduating class or have scored in the top five percent of seniors who have taken the Scholastic Aptitude Test.
Counselors at each high school select three representatives from the student applicants. The students are then interviewed by a community selection committee designated by the Everett Public Schools Foundation, and one student from each school is chosen.
- Cascade High School senior, Scott Pease earned this award and honored Lisa Olson-Kelly (Cascade) as his most inspiring educator.
- Everett High School, Sophia Maggio was selected for the award and honored Josh Searle (Everett Community College's ORCA program).
- Henry M. Jackson High School, Danielle Wilfand was selected for the award and honored Judy Baker (Henry M. Jackson).
- Sequoia High School, Jordan Nelson won the award and honored Kelly Shepherd (Sequoia).
The other nine nominees and their most inspirational staff are:
- Cascade High - Rami Sabra honored teacher Eric Smith (Cascade), and Cassidy McGhehey honored Rhonda Covert (Cascade).
- Everett High - Emily Ness honored Addie Smith (Everett), and Hank Tian honored Megan Vinther (Everett).
- Henry M. Jackson High - Casey Wilson honored Jason Gadek (Henry M. Jackson), and Alexander Banning honored Greg Metcalf (dec.) (Eisenhower).
- Sequoia High - Adrian Monar honored Kelly Shepherd (Sequoia) and Krystal Tucker honored Becky Kitzman (Sequoia).
“Congratulations to these outstanding students and their educators who have been so inspirational!” said Kristie Dutton, executive director of Everett Public Schools Foundation.