By Rebecca Hover, Snohomish County Director of Communications.
Young adults with disabilities and their families are encouraged to attend the 18th annual Snohomish County Transition Resource Fair from 4 to 8:30 pm Tuesday, March 24, 2015, at the Cascade High School cafeteria in Everett. The event is free.
The Snohomish County Transition Resource Fair is held each year as an opportunity for young adults and families to learn about the resources available to help young people pursue their employment and career goals and become active participants in their community.
More than 60 agencies will provide information on numerous topics from employment, affordable housing, and transportation options to Social Security, guardianship, wills and trust and much more.
Workshop topics include:
- Developmental Disabilities Administration and Snohomish County Developmental Disabilities.
- Employment support from Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and Department of Services for the Blind.
- Transportation options panel.
- School to work.
- Legal decisions at age 18.
- Wills, trusts and future planning.
The Snohomish County Transition Network and Everett Public Schools sponsor the event.
For more information about the fair visit http://bit.ly/1AJxUaJ or call Melinda Bocci at 425-388-7259.