By Heather Chadwick, Public Information Officer, Fire District 7.
At 1:01 pm on Thursday, February 9, 2017, Fire District 7 was dispatched to a report of a residential fire at the 14000 block of 236th Pl SE east of Echo Lake.
When crews arrived they found thick smoke coming from the roof of a single family home.
Firefighters quickly entered the home for a primary search and were able to knock down the fire. The fire started in the kitchen and extended into the roof. Crews worked to put out hot spots and complete overhaul.
Neighbors who saw the smoke were able to get the family’s dog out of the home before firefighters arrived. The homeowners were not at the residence at the time of the fire.
According to the Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s office the cause of the fire appears to be accidental, related to cooking activity with $75,000 in damage. No injuries were reported.