- Mary Charleson, Cross Country and Track, Seattle Pacific University (WA)
- Jessica Rawlins, Cross Country and Track, Seattle Pacific University (WA)
- Matthew Reinikka, Men's Soccer, Davidson College (NC)
- Trevante' Robinson, Football, Sierra College (CA)
- Nicholas White, Football, Dartmouth College* (NH)
The student athletes and their proud parents attended the school’s signing ceremony in the Jackson High School gymnasium.
February 5, 2014, is the designated National Letter of Intent Initial Signing Date for football, field hockey, soccer, track and field, and men’s water polo.
According to the National Letter of Intent website:
“The NLI is a binding agreement between a prospective student-athlete and an NLI member institution.”
- “A prospective student-athlete agrees to attend the institution full-time for one academic year (two semesters or three quarters).”
- “The institution agrees to provide athletics financial aid for one academic year (two semesters or three quarters).”
“Basic penalty for not fulfilling the NLI agreement: A student-athlete has to serve one year in residence (full-time, two semesters or three quarters) at the next NLI member institution and lose one season of competition in all sports.”
*Dartmouth College participates in the Ivy League, and as such it does not award athletic scholarships or issue a National Letter of Intent to its prospective student-athletes. Nicholas White was issued a Likely Letter by Dartmouth College in place of an National Letter of Intent.