By Richard Van Winkle, News of Mill Creek.
On Saturday afternoon, December 7, 2019, the the Santa Parade will wind south on Main Street in the Mill Creek Town Center starting at 3:30 pm.
Parking and traffic along the parade route from LA Fitness south to Mill Creek City Hall will be restricted most of the afternoon, so please plan ahead.
Due to the large number of people that annually attend the parade, the public is encouraged to park away from Mill Creek Town Center and take the Swift Green Line to the 153rd Street Station. Swift bus service on December 7th will run every 20 minutes from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm.
The parade will begin at 3:30 pm and will proceed south on Main Street from LA Fitness to City Hall North.
Due to the large crowds expected for this annual event, plan ahead for the following parking and traffic impacts:
- Main Street between LA Fitness and City Hall will close for parking from about 3:15 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Cross streets will be blocked to through-traffic at about 3:15 pm and will reopen after the parade goes by.
- From Mill Creek Blvd, traffic can turn north on Main Street, but will be diverted to an access road south of Run 26 from about 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- The north and west LA Fitness parking lots will close for parade staging; patrons can park in the south lot, but are advised that once the parade starts, access in and out will be temporarily stopped.
- Carriage rides will be held in the Mill Creek Town Center from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm resulting in closure of the Hot Iron Mongolian Grill parking lot.
City staff hope to be able to re-open Main Street in the Mill Creek Town Center by 4:00 pm, but some traffic and parking impacts may linger through the evening.
Santa Parade route. Image courtesy of City of Mill Creek.