By Autumn Waite, Snohomish County Fire District 7 Public Information Officer.
From January 1st – 15th Snohomish County Fire District 7 responded to 194 calls, 57 of which were in Mill Creek.
- Fire related: 15
- Medical Aid: 144
- Motor Vehicle Collisions: 16
- Service Calls: 19
- Total = 194
Did you know?
Scald burns are the second leading cause of all burn injuries. Learn how to prevent scald burns:
- Teach children that hot things can burn. Install anti-scald devices on tub faucets and shower heads.
- Always supervise a child in or near a bathtub.
- Test the water at the faucet. It should be less than 100 Fahrenheit.
- Never hold a child while you are cooking, drinking a hot liquid, or carrying hot foods or liquids.
- Never heat a baby bottle in a microwave oven. Heat baby bottles in warm water from the faucet.
- Have a “kid-free zone” of at least 3 feet around the stove and areas where hot food is prepared or carried.