Advertisement

Snohomish County Fire District 7 Sirens: October 16-31, 2013

Fire District 7 sirens

By Autumn Waite, Snohomish County Public Information Officer.

From October 16 – 31 Snohomish County Fire District 7 responded to 194 calls, 58 of which were in Mill Creek.

  • Fires: 25
  • Medical Aid: 143
  • Motor Vehicle Collisions: 14
  • Service Calls: 12
  • Total = 194

Did you know?

Often called the silent killer, carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless, colorless gas created when fuels (such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely. In the home heating and cooking equipment that burn fuel can be sources of carbon monoxide.

Here are a few tips to avoid dangerous carbon monoxide poisoning:

  • If the CO alarm sounds, immediately move to a fresh air location outdoors or by an open window or door. Make sure everyone inside the home is accounted for. Call for help from a fresh air location and stay there until emergency personnel arrive.
  • Do not run a vehicle or other fueled engine or motor indoors, even if garage doors are open.
  • A generator should be used in a wellventilated location outdoors away from windows, doors and vent openings.
  • Gas or charcoal grills can produce CO — only use outside.
  • CO alarms should be installed in a central location outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home. For the best protection, interconnect all CO alarms throughout the home. When one sounds, they all sound.
  • Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for placement and mounting height. Choose a CO alarm that has the label of a recognized testing laboratory.
  • Test CO alarms at least once a month; replace them according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

For more information on Fire District 7, visit www.firedistrict7.com, or contact Public Educator Autumn

Waite at awaite@snofire7.org or 3602823956. 

Advertising

 

 

Tags: 

Our featured sponsor

Google ad